Sunday, November 3, 2013

thalias political archives
The archiving of the attic is almost complete . We found 60 banners in plastic bags and have 7 under bed storage containers containing  papers, letters, leaflets and  newscuttings in 32 categories sorted into separate sections for example the  environment, greenham , greenham sculpture, nuclear power, nuclear weapons, art, arts for labour and feminism. My helpers were Milda Norvaisite from Lithunia, Hamish Campbell from Vision on TV and Jenny Jauncey. Its been an exciting adventure reliving the 1980s onwards .. seeing the connections to the present time...there are still the photographs to archive..

2 comments:

  1. Thalia
    I visited Scarborough this weekend for the first time since I lived there in 1971-74. I saw your print of the Corrigans merry-go-round in the Crescent Art Gallery. I remembered that you came to speak to the students at North Riding College on Filey Road when you ran for the local council in the early 1970s. I googled you this morning & was pleased to see the banners & your other work. Good to see you are still going strong. Best wishes. Stuart Cameron

    ReplyDelete